Thursday, July 20, 2006

Need to Clean out your stash?


If you haven't cleaned out your craft goodies in a while...because you just don't want to throw anything away...check out www.freecycle.org

Some of us don't know anyone to give it to, or we would. If you're like me, I feel guilty throwing ANYTHING out...hence my problem ;-)

I found the www.freecycle.org web site a while back and now I don't feel guilty cleaning out my stuff, because the person getting it usually so grateful! I have also managed to get a new flatbed scanner from the same place - and now I am the grateful one!

Find the chapter in your area (or close to it) and post whatever you no longer need, for someone else to claim. You may even find teachers who would love to be able to have some scrapbook goodies to use in class or for decoration. Either way…it keeps it out of the trash and someone else will get some use out of it. It is not limited to craft items of course…clean out your garage while you’re at it. You might even get a few goodies yourself!

(NOTE: It is proper etiquette to offer something before you start taking things.)

Happy Freecycling!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home